Front Desk Supervisor 10/9/2017
Hampton Inn Denver-International Airport
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW: Provides guidance and leadership to Guest Service associates as the Front Desk Supervisor ensuring consistent quality customer service is delivered.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/Front Desk Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
2. Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
3. Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Crescent and brand-specific marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances. Requires standing and continual mobility throughout front office area.
4. Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
5. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the
Page 2 of 3
Front Desk Supervisor
content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
6. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
7. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
Page 3 of 3
Front Desk Supervisor
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.
Associate Signature: _________________________________________________
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.