Full Stack LAMP Developer 9/20/2017
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 120 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Full Stack LAMP Developer
Manager, IS Sales, Marketing & Growth
* Experience working on web based projects.
* Focused on quality deliverables with superior customer orientation.
* Seeks solutions on his or her own with effective and timely escalation.
* Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a team of highly talented developers.
* Able to prototype new ideas and concepts, responds to changing priorities with agility.
* Ability to deliver functionality for a wide range of business systems via Intranet and Extranet applications.
* Able to share knowledge of existing capabilities provided by applications, technologies, and software design patterns for new functional designs.
* Utilizes technical expertise to develop solutions for unique and complex problems. Applies various technologies to develop alternatives and recommend best practices.
* Understands how technology solutions progress through life cycle phases of requirements analysis, solution design, development, testing, deployment, and decommission.
* Understands concepts and theories of development practices, techniques, tools and solutions across the Solution Development organization.
* Bachelor s degree in related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience
* Computer Science or Graphic Design degree preferred
* At least 1 year of web development or relevant experience required
* Experience with responsive front end frameworks (like Bootstrap) preferred
* Knowledge of cross browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, etc.) and cross device (Desktop, Tablet, Smart Phone, iOS, Android) testing and compatibility preferred
* Working knowledge of CMS systems built on the LAMP technology stack preferred
* Working knowledge of continuous deployment architectural patterns with automated testing preferred
* Working knowledge of the Zend Framework preferred
* Working knowledge of jQuery / Ajax / JSON / RESTful / WSDL web services preferred
* Understanding of programming concepts, relational databases, and CPG business concepts preferred
* Experience with project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and system development lifecycle preferred
* Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
* Ability to build/maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with peers
* Demonstrates initiative when interfacing with constituents
* Strong communication skills
* Flexibility to learn new skills quickly and flow to the work
* Strong self-motivation and ability to learn
* Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects
* Strong attention to detail