Full-time EMT (Grand Rapids, MI)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/31/2017
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 96046
AMR of Michigan (Grand Rapids area) is currently accepting application for future Full-time EMTs and seeks candidates with strong clinical skills who can deliver high quality and compassionate patient care in a professional and caring manner.
We need people just like you. At American Medical Response we believe our team members are our strongest asset. Our ability to provide superior patient care, great customer service and to keep our company growing depends on the continued professional development of our world-class workforce.
As the Nation s largest private provider of medical transportation services, AMR offers opportunities for growth and advancement in a variety of career paths. Our focus is clear, as stated in our company's values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, and Caregiver Inspired. We strive to embrace these values on every call we respond to, in every community we work in, and on every day of the year.
With a Career at AMR, YOU can make a difference!
* Pay based on experience with minimum starting rate at $11.35 per hour.
* Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k WITH company match, and Generous Paid Time Off.
Reports To: Field/Operations Supervisor
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
** Internal applicants must only apply through SuccessFactors on the internal company portal. External candidates should apply directly at www.amr.net/careers.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice .
* Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Current state EMT License.
* Possess a valid State Driver s License.
* Current BCLS Provider Certification
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
AMR is a federal contractor seeking priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings.