Full-Time Site Coordinator 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 103654
Emcare is a leading provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs, acute care surgery and anesthesiology services. Founded in 1972, EmCare has more than 1,000 exclusive contracts with client hospitals in nearly 42 states. We have an excellent opportunity for a Billing Coordinator to join our team!
The Hospitalist Site Coordinator works in a cooperative manner under the supervision of EmCare to support both the hospital and the Hospitalist Physicians. The position provides administrative assistance to the Site Medical Director, scheduling assistance, and contributes to the efficiency of the patient chart flow & billing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
(All functions must be carried out maintaining the utmost respect and confidentiality of patients, their families, and other health care providers in a Hospital environment.)
* Coordinates the professional billing process to include the following:
* Records activity from Physicians rounding sheets on a daily basis.
* Generates Unbatched Discharge Report to ensure that all unbatched charts are identified and submitted to RTI for billing.
* Researches and tracks down missing charts (may require going to other departments or to patient floors to obtain and copy originals if necessary).
* Reviews charts for completeness for the following:
* Patient demographics and insurance information.
* Physician notes and dictation(s). Reviews the charts for completion of documentation including all applicable progress notes, physician orders, dictations and MD signature.
* Checks all chart components for legibility of any portion that is a copy of the original data
* Medical Record Completion to include:
* History & Physical (either dictated or hand written).
* Hospitalist Progress Notes.
* Hospitalist Orders (if applicable).
* Discharge Summary (either dictated or hand written).
* Hospitalist Signature and Date.
* 3. Follows up on any missing or incomplete information. Interacts with Site Medical Director, Client Services Manager, National Medical Director, and Director of Documentation & Education for documentation problem solving, lack of compliance, and quality assurance. Has close interaction with Site Medical Director and attending Hospitalist Physicians.
* Assists hospital personnel and RTI/EmCare personnel in the resolution of billing inquiries and patient complaints related to the billing process. Notifies and assists Site Medical Director in resolving medical complaints.
* Serves as an effective liaison amongst the patients, RTI, the Inpatient Services division and the hospital medical and nursing staff.
* Provides Administrative support to include the following:
* Coordinates schedules for the Site Medical Director and Hospitalist Physicians. This may include appointment scheduling, meeting attendance/minute documentation, typing support for minutes, memos, letters, etc., telephone message taking and response.
* Assist Schedulers with distribution and communication of Physician work schedules.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every EmCare employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every employee to: Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Comply with Information Systems security policies, standards and procedures. Use all available protections to safeguard computer systems under their charge from unauthorized access. Report all suspicious requests, incidents, and situations.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma is required.
* Medical Assistant training desirable.
* Basic medical terminology knowledge desirable.
* Computer experience to include Excel, E-Mail applications, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and internet browser applications.
* Medical Records experience desirable.
* Typing and secretarial experience also required.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
* Must possess knowledge, skill, physical ability and mental capacity to perform the typical duties and responsibilities enumerated above or implicit therein.
* Typing and Telephone presence/etiquette essential.
* Must demonstrate the capacity to meet new and stressful situation and demands in a diplomatic manner.
* Interpersonal skills are critical and professional and confidential interactions essential because of the importance of the position as the representative of Hospitalist group to the public, the hospital administration, and the medical staff.
* Must have self-direction abilities, and be detail and deadline oriented.
* Must present and have a neat, appropriate, and professional appearance and demeanor.
* Effective administrative and organizational skills
* Demonstration of sound judgment and be accountability for actions is essential.
WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
Full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Company Matching 401 K
Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
2 weeks Paid Vacation
EOE including Veterans and Disabled