This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/3/2018
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
College Park, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
This position has responsibility for all day-to-day business operations associated with the facility within the span of control. This includes functional responsibility for Sales, Operations, Finance and HR. Ultimately, this position has true P&L responsibility for a legitimate profit center operation or operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
* Achieve desired results in Safety and Quality through personal commitment and focus, and compliance with plant and corporate best practices and policies.
* Responsible for production operations including Safety, Quality, Waste, Productivity, Maintenance, Planning and Shipping at assigned plant(s).
* Strive to provide world-class customer service via short lead times and maximum flexibility and response.
* Manage facility's operations from a capacity planning/asset utilization standpoint.
* Build effective partnerships with plant leadership and staff functions to drive expected results.
* Control manufacturing and conversion costs within budgetary limits.
* Aggressively monitor and manage slow moving finished goods inventory and roll stock.
* Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins.
* Define and execute business strategies for growing existing business and generating new business.
* Provide leadership to coordinate sales and marketing programs with the plant's manufacturing and operations management to ensure maximum effectiveness and profitability.
* Develop and monitor procedures regarding new account activity.
* Drive effective process and accountability relative to the pricing function.
* Interface with Corporate Sales & Marketing to maximize Major Account Program.
* Understand and monitor the financial reporting process on a monthly basis, to include both P&L and Balance Sheet.
* Lead weekly cost control meetings and create forecasts that closely mirror actual results by the end of the month.
* Lead detailed monthly P&L review meetings with the team.
* Personally check and sign off on plant expenditures.
* Monitor and address A/R issues through communication and delegation to Sales and/or Finance, or personally as appropriate
* Lead an integrated talent management process for the facility. Assess and develop competencies of the management team.
* Coach and develop managers to maximize their effectiveness as well as their teams' effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
* Recruit talent that will address needs of the facility and fill technical and competency gaps within the organization.
* Ensure performance feedback and appraisals are completed effectively and on a timely basis. Reward and recognize employees with a pay for performance approach.
* Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred.
* Post-graduate training or degree in Management preferred.
Previous Work Experience
* Will have a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible operations and/or sales leadership experience within a manufacturing company.
* Will have led the operations and sales functions at a manufacturing site or significant operation within the facility.
* Previous experience managing diverse functions and leading a group of employees.
* Possess a strong business, financial, process and results-driven.
* Have proven management experience with a previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled