General Production - Assembly/Manufacturing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/9/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONFounded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
General Production workers are responsible to perform general production duties associated with the assembly of premier fitness strength equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ability to follow standard work. Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
* Operating various types of hand and power tools in the assembly process i.e., screw drivers, wrenches, sockets, calipers, clamping devices, grinders, hand drills, belt sanders
* Ability to work in team environment at a fast pace to ensure production goals are met
* Rotates to different work stations as assigned
* Material Handling - Operates material handling equipment including ergonomic lifting devices, mechanical hoists, air lifts, pallet jacks, utility carts, and hand trucks
* Safety Awareness - Identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety, upholding Precor safety standards
* Maintain housekeeping and check that 5S tasks are completed.
* Contributing team member.
* Demonstrated positive performance and attendance record.
* Capable of learning and performing all department jobs at standard rate.
* Must be able to stand up to 10 hours per day.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job will be considered.
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Some manufacturing experience preferred. Lean knowledge and experience a plus.
* General production employees work a 10-hour shift Hours: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Mon - Thu)
* Must be willing to work overtime when needed
* PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled modern factory space. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE provided). POTENTIAL HAZARDS: Potential hazards may include working with moving parts (machines guarded per OSHA rules), nip points, material handling, sharp edges on stock, flying particles, nuisance dust, lifting, and moderate noise exposure (hearing protection provided).
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.