This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Geologist within our Permian Resources group based in Houston, Texas.
* Provide technical support and quality oversight for wellsite geology processes, including mudlogging, LWD/MWD, wireline logging, coring and directional drilling in a multi rig environment
* Geosteer horizontal wells in a 24/7 operation to ensure proper placement of wellbore within a specific target
* Perform real time monitoring and interpretation of data acquired while drilling
* Provide expertise for planning, execution and look-back analysis for all wells drilled in the business unit, including but not limited to horizontal wells
* Maintain open communication with project geologist, project petrophysicist and drilling team during horizontal drilling operations following chain of command
* Maintain a daily reporting system for well operations and data gathering
* Operate and enforce safety practices within the operation complying with company policies, state and federal regulations
* Work effectively with a variety of individuals from numerous disciplines
* B. S. degree required (geology/geosciences/earth science preferred)
* Minimum of 2 years hands on experience working on related drilling operations
* Field experience with LWD/MWD systems and data
* Working knowledge of horizontal drilling, LWD/MWD and wireline logging technologies and applications
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structural geology, stratigraphy and geologic support of drilling operations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficient in the use of PC and technical computer applications
* Ability to interact effectively with other professionals in a team environment
* Ability to design alternate plans and methodologies when required
* Must be able to compile, analyze and assemble data for reports and presentations
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks and meet short-term deadlines
* Willing to support a 24/7 operational schedule, some field travel required
* Additional Desired Qualifications:
* Previous geosteering experience
* Field wireline logging or mudlogging experience
* Training will be offered as part of career development.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status