Geotechnical Engineer 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder s Austin office is seeking a creative, highly talented, Geotechnical Engineer to become a leader in its geotechnical engineering discipline in Texas. Texas offices are supporting major transportation, oil and gas, power and water projects in Texas and other locations nationally. This position will collaborate with the regional leaders in client selection and development, staff mentoring and ensuring delivery of industry-specific solutions to our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating services with internal and external teams. As part of the assigned duties the Geotechnical Engineer will perform geotechnical engineering design, project proposal and management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, meeting deadlines and creating clear communications with our clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Be a recognized leader in their field with consulting experience
* Have the ability to attract projects to support full-time staff, and to develop highly motivated individuals
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
* Have experience planning, implementing, and managing geotechnical exploration programs including assigning laboratory testing
* Have experience guiding staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, seepage, slope stability, and settlement analyses, etc.
* Have experience preparing geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects including transportation, water, retail, hospitality, commercial, etc.
* Have experience supporting project managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
* Have experience preparing and presenting technical presentations to clients and technical review boards
* Have experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
* Be able to pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
* Have experience leading teams of geotechnical engineers and professionally develop staff at all levels
* Be able to interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use geotechnical engineering solutions
* Have experience assisting project managers and business leadership with developing strategic pursuits and geotechnical proposals
* Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
* Be able to collaborate with Regional leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
* Have experience being externally focused to grow client relationships and develop business through the work
* Possess a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
* Candidates are required to have 10 or more years of related experience, including experience in Texas
* Proven experience in geotechnical design, slope stability, design of shallow, mat, and deep foundations, design of retaining walls, and large earthmoving projects.
* Proven experience in leading diverse project teams
* Proven experience in capturing business development opportunities and preparing proposals
* Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, Master of Science degree geotechnical engineering is preferred. Professional Engineering license required and ability to obtain Texas PE license within 6 months is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)