Global Category Manager 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BRIEF DESCRIPTION
This position Reports to the PT Director of Procurement and is responsible for the management of all activities associated with procurement of global electrical components and services. This position will provide full procurement category leadership, working closely with multiple site locations, developing strategies and coordinating on global supply chain activities to ensure that cost, quality and delivery objectives are met.
* Maintains the highest level code of conduct and ethics.
* Plans, organizes, directs, controls and communicates all strategic sourcing activities related to Electrical Components and services to cross functional supply, engineering, technical support and operations groups.
* Conducts brainstorming sessions at Rexnord facilities with cross functional teams to identify strategic commodities and deployment priorities on cost saving initiatives.
* Provides oversight to sourcing/project managers on the deployment of projects with internal and external stakeholders.
* Collaborates with regional and low cost regional supply teams to identify, screen and qualify strategic suppliers. Works with global facilities to create regional and global material cost savings funnels that align with commercial strategies and financial targets.
* Drives spend analysis, including counter measures for projects that fall short of plan and makes decisions to remedy the issues to get the teams back on track to meet or exceed plan.
* Possesses an understanding of total cost of ownership.
* Proactively assesses internal and external process improvements and influences effective change and drive innovation and continuous improvements.
* Collaborates with global business units on the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and leads the screening and supplier selection process.
* Negotiate and drafts supplier contracts of sale, including: payment terms, deliveries, price, freight terms, currency exchange, raw material steel fluctuation, inventory levels.
* Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future (industry trends in pricing and availability that will impact the business) material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
* Responsible for timely reporting to agreed upon KPIs and presenting Strategic Sourcing plans, activities and progress
* Develops next generation of Supply Chain leaders.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* BA or BS degree preferably in Engineering or Supply Chain competency, minimum in a business/industrial related field
* 5 years of experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment with experience in an Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar position
* Proven success of strategically working with suppliers or customers
* Experience sourcing in low cost regions
* Experience working with multiple locations globally
* Proven success in a change management and stretch environment
* Ownership of any/all of the following commodities: Electronics, Electrical Components, Technology / Communication Systems
* Proven success in a matrix driven organization
* Experience in a centralized Supply Chain structure
* Excellent working knowledge of industrial markets, suppliers and company requirements
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* BIAS FOR ACTION: Evaluate acts and communicates in internet time. Decisive, makes timely practical, effective decisions. Takes initiative without being asked.
* OPEN COMMUNICATION: Willingness to ask and honestly answer tough questions. Treat others opinions with respect. Foster open communications and candid discussions. Share information that helps others succeeds. Keep others in the loop.
* DATA ANALYSIS/INTERPRETATION: Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to the business planning.
* MANAGES SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES: Effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage and impact performance. Improves processes and builds scalability.
* FINANCIAL ANALYSIS KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge and application of the principles of financial analysis and capital projects justification (e.g. life cost analysis, internal rate of return, net present value, economic profit, economic value added)
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time with budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. This includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risk and develop contingency plans.
* NEGOTIATIONS: Ability to influence and negotiate optimal arrangements between Rexnord stakeholders and suppliers.
* SUPPLIER CONTRACTS: Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and or vendor agreements and contracts.
* PERSUASIVE: Demonstrates healthy and productive influencing ability. Gains the respect and confidence of others. Builds constructive and effective relations.
* DRIVES FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Align continuous improvement with the strategic objectives of the organization, drives process excellence, make continuous improvement part of creating a high performance culture, blends the best practices from different methodologies and focus on data, not emotions.
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED