Global Category Specialist HME, Quarry Services & Explosives 10/12/2017
Lhoist North America
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
1. Support the Global Category manager HME, Quarry Services & Explosives in developing & implementing the overall category strategy for high spend / strategic categories to achieve recurrent TCO (total cost of ownership) improvement and ongoing value creation, while managing quality and service level (Single category family / Multi geography)
2. Manage strategic sourcing initiatives and develop relationships with strategic suppliers, for a subset of the Global category manager portfolio and in alignment with the category strategy defined
3. Establish close working relationships with identified internal stakeholders (manufacturing, technical, controlling, senior management, procurement ).
4. Manage identified stakeholders to ensure qualitative outcome of sourcing initiatives and realization of contracted savings.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
* Support the Global Category manager HME, Quarry Services & Explosives in establishing partnership with key internal stakeholders. Support the implementation of a multi-year plan optimizing TCO year-over-year.
* Support strategic planning:
* Support the Global Category manager in developing and implementing the category management strategy, covering short, mid and long term priorities.
* Work with the Global Category manager to define a priority list of (sub-) categories suitable for strategic sourcing initiatives
* Execute Strategic Sourcing activities for identified subcategories, support Category Manager for other subcategories:
* Develop and execute sourcing strategy
* Set up and lead cross-functional / trans-regional teams
* Organize supplier selection, identification and qualification of alternative suppliers
* Identify TCO reduction and value creation opportunities
* Identify cost savings while maintaining/improving quality and service level of suppliers
* Drive or support negotiation, lead or support the contract implementation
* Support the Procure to Pay process through alignment of buying channels and process
* Manage / Evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance
* Support the Global Category manager in tracking / measuring performance according to Group Procurement guidelines
* Work with the Global Category manager to set up and manage supplier network. Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers identified and ensure progress of continuous improvement actions in order to maximize value.
* Support the Global Category manager in organizing market intelligence monitoring through relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and market experts; help identify new technologies/solutions and evaluate their interest
* Follow up compliance to the agreed strategies, plans and processes
* Participate in ensuring smooth collaboration by building a powerful network within the Procurement organization (Category Managers, Sourcing Managers and Analysts)
EDUCATION: Master Degree
EXPERIENCE: + 5/8 years General Procurement and Category Management
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.