Global Category Specialist HME, Quarry Services & Explosives
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 10/12/2018
Lhoist North America
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Support the Procurement Director who is charge of Global categories HME, Quarry Services & Explosives in developing & implementing the overall category strategy for high spend / strategic categories to achieve recurrent TCO (total cost of ownership) improvement and ongoing value creation, while managing quality and service level (Single category family / Multi geography)
Manage strategic sourcing initiatives and develop relationships with strategic suppliers, for a subset of the Global Category portfolio and in alignment with the defined category strategy.
Establish close working relationships with identified internal stakeholders (manufacturing, technical, controlling, senior management, procurement ).
Manage identified stakeholders to ensure qualitative outcome of sourcing initiatives and realization of contracted savings.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
* Support the Procurement Director who is charge of Global categories HME, Quarry Services & Explosives in establishing partnerships with key internal stakeholders. Support the implementation of a multi-year plan optimizing TCO year-over-year.
* Support strategic planning:
* Support the Procurement Director in developing and implementing the category management strategy, covering short, mid and long-term priorities.
* Work with the Procurement Director to define a priority list of (sub-) categories suitable for strategic sourcing initiative
* Execute strategic sourcing activities for identified subcategories, support Procurement Director for other subcategories:
* Develop and execute sourcing strategy
* Set up and lead cross-functional / trans-regional teams
* Organize supplier selection, identification and qualification of alternative suppliers
* Identify TCO reduction and value creation opportunities
* Identify cost savings while maintaining/improving quality and service level of suppliers
* Drive or support contract negotiation, lead or support the contract implementation
* Support the Procure to Pay process through alignment of buying channels and process
* Manage / Evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance
* Support the Procurement Director in tracking / measuring performance according to Group Procurement guidelines
* Work with the Procurement Director to set up and manage supplier network. Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers identified and ensure progress of continuous improvement actions in order to maximize value.
* Support the Director in organizing market intelligence monitoring through relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and market experts; help identify new technologies/solutions and evaluate their interest
* Follow up compliance to the agreed strategies, plans and processes
* Participate in ensuring smooth collaboration by building a powerful network within the Procurement organization (Category Managers, Sourcing Managers and Analysts)
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
This role is well suited to someone either from a procurement/category management background or someone with a strong technical background in mining operations.
IDEAL ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE:
* Ability to bring new perspective
* Must be flexible and adaptable
* Can demonstrate the added value of procurement
* Looking for someone who can grow in the position
* Open minded and curious
* Able to work effectively with different cultures
* Ability to influence and persuade
* Willingness to travel internationally for extended periods plus 10-20% travel within North America.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 3-5 years experience in General Procurement and Category Management preferably with a global scope
* 5+ years technical experience in mining with in-depth knowledge of HME, Quarry Services and blasting operations.
* Bachelor s degree in a relevant field required (ex; Supply Chain, Mine Engineering)
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.