Global Operational Key Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/20/2018
* Sign off from the product side the Global SOP and internal working procedures for the customer. Communicate the SOP to the Country Heads of Air/Ocean Freight and to relevant BSC staff.
* Monitor that the work instructions and lane mappings created in the countries are adhering to the global SOP, escalate to CHoAF/OF, RHoAF/OF as required.
* Work together with the customer to resolve SOP issues if required. If necessary, work with the commercial KAM to amend the SOP.
Ensuring operational excellence
* With the support of BSC staff, monitor and assure operational excellence for assigned customer account(s) with a focus on standard operational KPI s, customer specific KPI s, data quality, EDI compliance, etc
* Proactively drive continuous improvement of service delivery for the assigned account(s), detect and analyze sub-optimal performance, and initiate improvement actions
* Review the standard performance reports provided by BSC, discuss and align on highest priority issues to tackle. Communicate to customer as necessary.
* For service deteriorations / deficiencies, ensure that a proper root cause analysis is performed (either by self or by BSC, depending on size of account), escalate to relevant parties when necessary, and manage the communication with the customer
* Initiate and ensure that corrective actions are taken by the respective P&L owners in the Country/BU operations, monitor the completion of these actions
* Take ownership of addressing the performance failure causes that are on customer side (e.g. infeasible transit time commitments, data quality/timeliness issues, mismatching expectations). Escalate to commercial KAM when necessary.
* Address data quality/quantity issue to relevant countries, escalate to region/corporate where required
Drive customer retention and enable incremental growth
* Provide operational support, including preparation and participation in customer QBR, and follow up actions with the operational organization accordingly
* Provide proactive operational recommendations to the commercial KAM and Product management in regards to setup, structure, procedures, required capacities etc.
* Through the regular customer interaction, continuously evaluate the match between customer needs and current service package, with the aim of spotting upselling opportunities for additional products, services and solutions. Feed info to commercial KAM for the purpose of realizing these opportunities.
* Actively support RFI/RFQ work of the commercial KAM team & Tender Management
* Support quotation and operational coordination of spot business
* Work with Business Implementation on customers implementations as required, including IT configuration according to customer requirements
* Share best practices and lessons learned within the global OAM community leveraging existing set ups and experiences to increase our speed to delivery and minimize costs to serve (I.E. systems configurations, reporting, data quality monitoring, etc )
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
* Perform assigned tasks to support Panalpina meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
* It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Profound knowledge of
* Ocean/Air Freight Product, specifically operational processes
* Continuous improvement methodologies
* Process management including process mapping
Good knowledge of
* Supply Chain principals
* Freight forwarding operations
* Project Management methodologies
* PA and competing visibility platforms
* Implementation methodologies
* Risk management principles SKILLS
* Exceptional Communication Skills
* Ability to manage cross-functionally within a matrix organization
* Self-motivated, flexible and resilient
* Result oriented with a customer focus
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good in networking and relationship building (internal and external)
* Willingness to challenge the status quo
* Ability to clearly and concisely present both written and oral information
* Effective listening skills
* Capable to make informed decisions and to general practical, timely solutions
Good knowledge of
* Microsoft Office Software (Excel , Word, PowerPoint , Visio and others)
* PO Management / SCM / Visibility Systems, preferably LogNet s 7.0 or 6.5 versions
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Other languages (written and spoken) beneficial
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer