Global Sourcing Commodity Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGLOBAL SOURCING COMMODITY MANAGER
Posted Date 3 months ago(10/9/2017 8:46 AM)
Supply Chain / Logistics - Inventory Planning and Management
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
The Global Sourcing/NPD Commodity Manager will develop and lead strategic initiatives that consistently and sustainably yield best-in-class new product launches, product cost, quality and delivery.
Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans for new product introductions collaborating with Product management, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Commodity teams and global suppliers to drive effective early supplier engagement, high quality and optimal cost. Research and gain an understanding of our suppliers businesses to identify opportunities for improvement and pain points, and negotiate strategic cost reductions. Reduce supply base redundancies and ineffective suppliers by identifying key strategic partners and re-negotiations. Create innovative sourcing solutions, lead cross-functional teams and build supplier relationship management strategies that maximize value and mitigate risk while ensuring internal stakeholders requirements are met. Collaborate with peers globally to drive common integrated, leveraged, competitive and sustainable supplier management solutions for the company.
You must be willing to operate in a highly competitive, fast-paced and challenging technical environment. This is a dynamic role which requires and individual who is highly driven to excel, and motivated by results.
* New Product Development:
* Lead the new product requirements with Engineering/R&D and product management for developing advanced supply chain, identify lowest best cost solution consistent with quality, reliability and schedule.
* Drive Dfx and concurrent engineering processes with suppliers to reduce time to market for new products with best quality.
* Cost Reduction Management:
* Benchmarks, analyzes, and negotiates cost and added value in collaboration with various business groups
* Commodity Management
* Develop short term and long term commodity strategy
* Commodity Consultant for internal groups:
* Introduce innovative business relationships and structures to yield best value for the company. Thinks through process and relationship scenarios and advises internal business groups on value-added approaches to agency management solutions
* New Supplier Selection:
* Utilizes RFI (Request for Information), RFP (Request for Proposal), and RFQ (Request for Quote) techniques to identify, select, and engage with suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage
* Supplier Performance Management:
* Initiates and manages Supplier Performance Reviews with the internal business groups to measure and to document performance levels, identify development areas, perform root cause analysis, establish corrective action plans for improved performance and delivery, and follow-up on actions
* At least Eight (8) years of relevant experience at the senior-level with supply and supplier management.
* Significant experience in leading new product launch supply chain activity with advanced design and supply chain concepts like modular design, merge-in-transit etc.
* Significant experience in supplier and contract negotiations, to include: sourcing, negotiating, identifying new suppliers and technologies, working with suppliers from R&D through new product introduction, make-buy decisions, reducing the supply base and improving overall supplier quality.
* A strong background in supply and supplier program management and proven ability to migrate new products from development into the supply chain quickly and efficiently.
* Demonstrated excellence in leading cost reduction efforts working with external manufacturing/ suppliers.
* Demonstrated track record in executing to business requirements, in a dynamic, highly competitive environment.
* Highly conversant with MRP systems.
* Highly cognizant of latest sourcing trends and tools.
* Demonstrated expertise with lean and six sigma.
* Experience with Asian supply base highly desirable.
* Superb leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, global awareness and cultural sensitivity.
* Demonstrated customer sensitivity and focus on total customer satisfaction.
* An entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
* Highly intelligent and resourceful, with a mindset that balances both strategy and innovation, with direct and successful execution.
* Focused on managing and measuring work, setting high expectations for him/herself.
* Highly credible with ability to engage others in both strategic and technical matters.
* Ability to successfully navigate a matrix management environment.
* Demonstrates managerial courage, making timely and good quality decisions.
* Applies strong ethics and values in everyday business decisions.
* Maintains a reputation of integrity and trust.
Bachelor s degree in engineering, technology, manufacturing or operations research required. Master s degree in supply chain, manufacturing, operations or MBA strongly desired.
Gerber Technology LLC is an EEO Employer
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 252-6257
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.