GME Compliance Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 14469
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Under the supervision of the Manager of Graduate Medical Education, the Medical Educational Compliance Specialist serves as an integral member of the team providing administrative support to the Office of Graduate Medical Education, the Designated Institutional Official, the Associate Chair for Education in the Department of Pediatrics, and Program Directors and Coordinators by supporting operational compliance issues related to ACGME, Joint Commission, and various CHOP Internal Departments, including but not limited to Human Resources, Occupational Health, and Identity Management.
1. Serves as New Innovations Residency Management Software subject matter expert to ensure program/rotation coordinators are given the proper initial and continued training,guidance, and oversight to effectively manage Duty Hours, Evaluations, Clinical
Competency Committee Review, Rotational Goals and Objectives, Schedules, Procedure Logging, and Scholarly Activity utilizing New Innovations GME Database system.
2. Generates all variations of reports that reside in New Innovations as related to all Residents and Fellows and provides the monitoring of regulatory items (Duty Hours,HRSA, etc.) related to the Institution and Program. Works with GME Manager, Designated Institutional Official, and GMEC Membership, to ensure appropriate oversight, providing feedback and action plans if necessary.
3. Collaborates with program and rotation coordinators and Finance Revenue and Reimbursement Supervisor to ensure that schedules are set up, maintained, and updated in New Innovations for each academic year.
4. Monitors and ensures Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)Annual Program Updates are accurately completed by the stated deadline.
5. Monitors and ensures Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Annual Residents, Fellows, and Faculty Surveys are completed by the annual deadline.
Collects all surveys, in addition to the Institutional Survey. Reviews surveys along with a subset of the GMEC Membership, providing feedback and action plans if necessary.
6. Monitors and ensures ACGME Annual Program Evaluations are completed by the annual
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
7. Oversees GME Committee membership, attends and records minutes and attendance of meetings.
8. Manages and ensures the Graduate Medical Education Policy Manual is maintained, updated, reviewed by relevant internal departments (e.g., Legal, Human Resources, Pharmacy, etc.) and approved by GMEC, then released appropriately as outlined in the ACGME Institutional, Common, and Program Level requirements.
9. On behalf of the DIO and GME Manager, collects, compiles and provides the data necessary for the preparation of the Annual Report for the Medical Executive Committee and the CHOP Board of Director concerning Graduate Medical Education activities.
10. Collaborates with GME Manager to ensure compliance of institutionally funded residents and fellows with biannual Mandatory Education requirements.
11. Collaborates with GME Manager to ensure compliance of institutionally funded residents and fellows with annual TB screening and flu vaccination as required by Occupational Health.
12. Collaborates with GME Manager and HR Talent Acquisition regarding timely completion of all HR new hire requirements by incoming CHOP residents and fellows.
13. Investigates and resolves all reported linked users in Epic that have a template applied to their identity that requires GME Credentialing but have no matching or a mismatching New Innovations Record.
14. Other duties as assigned by GME Manager.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
Required Experience: At least five (5) years of GME administration experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Education: Bachelor s Degree
Preferred Experience: Compliance experience
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Demonstrated skill in professional communication, writing, data management, multi-tasking, organization, and follow-up
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required along with a high degree of organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail. Computer skills using Microsoft Office applications required as well as ability to continue learning and using program specific software and applications.
* Working knowledge of ACGME Web Accreditation Systems
* Expert knowledge of New Innovations software
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.