GOS Technology, Solution Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 4/6/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe GOS Technology Solution Architect will participate in platform improvement and initiative projects as well as client delivery projects. This position will interface with external clients, senior level business managers, functional IT teams, external consultants, vendors, and other software delivery team members. While there are no direct supervisory responsibilities for this role, this position has matrix responsibility through initiatives and projects.
A breakdown of the primary duties for this role is outlined below:
60-70% - Initiative projects participation and platform improvement
20-25% - Client implementation support
10-15% - Team activities and knowledge / content development
This is a full-time position and can be located anywhere in the United States with the ability to work from home, office or hoteling space as required. Occasional travel may be required.
* Responsible for data systems road maps for Business Intelligence and Analytics
* Understanding of Business Intelligence patterns (standard data modelling approaches, OLAP platforms, approaches to data presentation and consumption)
* Understanding of cloud computing application (including IaaS, SaaS, PaaS & iPaaS)
* Design and deliver innovative business analytics and BI solutions, using several technologies and a variety of business scenarios. This will include working with and feeding business data into analytical tools
* Develops strategic vision and tactical activities for data-driven systems, including short and long-term operating plans
* Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define industry-leading analytics for a wide variety of business topics and industries, while applying best practices in data visualization and manipulation
* Educates the Product teams on the use of the BI platform for strategic decision-making
* Evaluate existing systems architecture and technologies and identifying opportunities for optimization and enhancement.
* Work with the information owners to model business workflows and develop high level systems and functional requirements for enterprise systems.
* Gather and prepare data to support analytics from a variety of data source types including databases, flat files, external sources, etc. as necessary
* Conduct and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
* Produce documentation to aid both users of analytics and administrators of the software and database platforms related to the analytics produced
* Comfort in leading an analytics effort independently or working as part of a team
* Understand data relationships, data aggregation & data integration techniques
* Ability to quickly build a technology stack required for immediate business information and evolve the technology stack to a scalable extendable warehouse solution.
* Develop and update the future enterprise architecture that tie in and help achieve the business outcomes as determined and prioritized by the Executive Leadership Team
* Monitor industry trends and identify emerging technologies that should be adopted
Nice to Have
* Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Tools, e.g. TOGAF; professional experience with at least one EA modeling tool
* Experience with business process engineering/reengineering of systems across multiple domains, and the management of requirements across full system life cycle.
* Familiarity with commercial real estate industry
* Experience working with Mulesoft Anytime platform for API driven data integration
* Extensive Microsoft Azure platform experience
* Solid business acumen and deep understanding of business processes
* Strong communication skills, including executive presentation and conflict management along with the aptitude for thought leadership in analytics
* Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of other architects
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a matrix team environment with both internal and 3rd party development teams on-site and off-shore
* Experience working in a variety of development methodologies including Waterfall, & Agile or other Iterative methodologies.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
* 10+ years of practical experience in areas of data modeling & analysis, data integration architecture & development and reporting/analytics delivery
* 3 years minimum architecting and designing applications using Microsoft Azure
* Extensive experience working with Microsoft Azure Database and Data Warehouse
* Experience in developing and designing applications using web services in a Service Oriented Architecture, including the use of RESTful services and API gateways.
* Experience working in a CI/CD environment, and designing and building code management strategies and deployment pipelines, testing frameworks, and surrounding orchestration
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel between C&W offices, client offices, conference centers, and other facilities (estimated 10-20%)
* The job will require travel from floor to floor, and may include travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
* The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines
* Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..