Senior Paralegal / Government and Compliance Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
Palo Alto, CA
Another Source s client, Stanford University is recruiting a Governance/Compliance Officer to join their Palo Alto office.
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on Stanford s career site, requisition 76576:
Here's a little about Stanford University and the position they are seeking to fill:
The Office of the General Counsel at Stanford University has an immediate opening for a qualified governance/compliance officer to assist university counsels representing the University and its related entities (e.g. its foreign subsidiaries and hospital entities) on legal entity management, corporate governance, compliance, and other transactional matters.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Oversee domestic and international legal entity governance, including maintenance, formations and dissolutions
* Manage external corporate secretarial service
* Work with local counsel in various jurisdictions
* Prepare minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and other legal documentation
* Maintain and organize legal, compliance, corporate governance and other records for domestic and international subsidiaries
* Assist with various aspects of regulatory compliance and related filings
* Assist with oversight and implementation of university policies
* Draft, review and negotiate contracts with supervision from attorneys
* Work on special projects and system/legal initiatives
* Other paralegal duties as needed
* At least 3 years of experience working as a corporate paralegal
* Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
* Notary certification
* Experience working in a global organization with numerous international legal entities preferred.
* Proficiency in legal entity management.
* Ability to prioritize and to work with minimal supervision
* Multitask effectively
The final candidate will need to successfully pass a background check to be considered for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: paralegal, corporate paralegal, legal assistant