Graduate Level Marketing Intern 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency. Daikin Applied product, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Applied's parent company, Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2013 revenues in excess of $18 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin Industries specializes in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes magazine and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Graduate level Marketing Internship
This graduate level Marketing Internship will begin May 31, 2018 and run through August 19, 2018 with the potential to become a full time role for the successful intern candidate or extending part-time employment during the school year. Our intern will work on 1 large and 4-5 smaller size marketing projects with a heavy focus toward pricing and competitive analysis that will directly impact Daikin Applied's business. Students will work on projects across a variety of marketing & engineering areas. Some examples include:
- Predictive Analytics using Big Data
- Use AI to assist in setting the price
- Competitive Lost Job Analysis
*The successful candidate will be considered for a full time position at the completion of this internship.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, prefer students with a 3.5 or better
- Master's level student with a major in marketing, statistics, industrial engineering or related discipline
- Successful record in academics and a diverse range of extracurricular activities
- Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Prior internship with a focus in consumer insights, statistics, economics, marketing, or pricing preferred
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.