Graduate Research Assistant 9/19/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL OVERVIEW:
The Graduate Research Assistant will participate in all laboratory activities and perform research under supervision and independently after training. This position requires an individual who will be able to perform standard laboratory procedures. This lab focus on identification and characterization of genes involved in senescence and skin cancer, and on the epithelial-mesenchimal interactions by using both biochemical, genetic and high throughput approaches.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, execute research activities, interpret evidences, participate in manuscript writing.
* Maintain up-to date scientific knowledge in his/her research field
* Tissue culture, collection and preparing primary fibroblasts, keratinocytes from human tissue.
* Perform cell based assays, including cell based viability assays, drug screenings, RT-PCR, and western blots. The work will not be limited to the standard laboratory but will also involve some procedures with rodent models.
* Attend weekly laboratory meetings and maintain good records.
* Perform other research duties as assigned.
* Must exhibit initiative and ability to work independently after initial training.
* Must have technical ability, proficient, and accurate in scientific experimentation.
* Ability to work in a group environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Specific skills required for this position are lab experience in molecular, cellular biology and bioinformatics.
Bachelor of Science required, preferentially in biomedical and/or life sciences
Previous Laboratory experience mandatory
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.