GRANT MANAGER / 40 HOUR / DAY / BWH - CHANNING DIVISION OF NETWORK MEDICINE 9/19/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Channing Division of Network Medicine at Brigham and Womens Hospital conducts a wide range of research. The Grant Administrator is responsible for playing a large role in preparing grant applications. Major responsibilities include assisting Principal Investigators with proposal and budget development for a variety of sponsors and grants management over the complete lifecycle of federal and foundation awards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with Principal Investigators and their support staff to coordinate all aspects of grants submission, prepares budgets and budget justification, ensures proposal compliance with Hospital and grantor policies and procedures, as well as those of subcontracting institutions. Collects and compiles internal documents from PIs/assistants for new submissions and progress reports.
* Compiles JIT documents, IRB, IACUC and Other Support pages while closely working with Post Award administrators at CDNM.
* Develops primary working relationships with investigators, internal staff, Research Management, and external administrators.
* Interprets and articulates institutional and sponsor policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Proactively keeps Investigators apprised of changes in policies and regulations of federal and non-federal grantor agencies. Identifies potential budget, procedural, and/or policy issues affecting grant submission and work with Principal Investigators to resolve issues.
* Attend monthly BRISC meetings to keep current with federal (NIH in particular), state and other sponsor requirements, timelines and policy issues.
* Interacts with various departments within Partners including, but not limited to, Research Administration.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent.
* Demonstrated grant and financial management experience.
* General knowledge of NIH and other federal, state and foundation regulations and requirements.
* Must be able to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent deadlines.
* Must have excellent attention to detail.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Exceptional analytical and organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures while paying attention to details.
* Ability to resource efficiently.
* Excellent interpersonal/communications (verbal and written) skills and a customer service focus.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and Internet applications.
* Demonstrated ability to be organized and flexible in an environment, which requires continuous monitoring of priorities.
* Highly goal oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as in coordination with various teams.
* Willingness to take on new challenges and openness to change.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.