This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
(Web and Social Media)
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Currently, our Global Tools & Storage team is searching for a results-driven GRAPHIC DESIGNER based in Towson, MD.
As a Graphic Designer at Stanley Black & Decker, you will design what our millions of users see first: our online marketing and digital communications. You will be a part of an agile and autonomous team, where you are close to the products and involved in all steps to make ground breaking design happen.
You will work in a user-centered design process, employing design thinking while also contributing to new ideas and approaches. You will research new concepts, design and prototype (in Adobe Creative Suite, or with post-its and whiteboards) and test rigorously to improve (together with interaction designers, content creators and app developers). You ll feel the excitement of helping build a new brand for the company s portfolio in a challenging do-it-yourself space.
* Design compelling digital experiences that reach millions of users across multiple channels which include social media, web, email and mobile
* Create a best in class experience incorporating current design trends which will be used to acquire, captivate and retain customers
* Build high-fidelity web prototypes and iterate based on metrics and user insights
* Ensure a consistent experience between channels and devices
* Evolve and maintain design guidelines including colors, icons, typography, illustration, photography, and motion concepts as well as other relevant elements
* Collaborate closely with marketing team, UX designers, product managers, content manager, video production team
* Critique and improve the work of your peers, and incorporate designers and directors critique into your own designs
What we re looking for
We want to see your design work and hear you explain why it is awesome. We d love to know how you tackled issues along the way, and what roles you played in each project.
* Five or more years of experience creating visual design for websites, e-mail, and social media
* Degrees, certificates, and training demonstrating your knowledge and commitment to visual communication and user-centered design
* Practical knowledge of Interaction Design and prototyping, including mastery of the necessary tools for both visual and interface design
* Understanding of design for mobile devices, SEO, and universal design for accessibility
* Strong artistic vision and the ability to communicate it
* Determination to do what's best for the user, product and brand even when it doesn't align with personal style or preference
* Willingness to accept constructive criticism and iterate on designs as part of a team
* Ability to manage time and multiple deadlines effectively
* Excellent visual atheistic and attention to detail
* Self motivated with a positive attitude
* Possess IT knowledge and technical abilities
* Solid experience with Adobe CS/CC graphic design software
* Strong work ethic with the desire to learn & grow
* Highly organized, process focused, desire for continuous improvement
* Well-versed in UI tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision and Omnigraffle.
* General understanding of photography best practices and techniques would be helpful
* Accountability Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence.
* Integrity Operates in accordance with our business conduct policies. Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships. Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
* Respect Treats others with respect and candor. Actively supports a diverse work environment. Builds positive work relationships.
* Speed Has a bias for action. Takes calculated risks based on quality data. Drives for standardization and simplification.
* Stretch Sets aggressive goals and celebrates progress. Continually strives to be best in class. Has a passion to exceed customer expectations.
* Vision Creates clear, simple, reality-based, customer-focused strategy and goals. Build trust and commitment through candid communication. Energizes and excites others.
* Boundaryless Is open to ideas from anywhere. Participates openly and constructively without alienating others. Has a global perspective
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic..