Greenskeeper: Golf Maintenance 9/16/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Locations
2 months ago
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Golf Resort Operations
Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Greenskeeper role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations work to create guests for life, by proactively embracing service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
* Use walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping.
* Clean and maintain equipment that is used. Treat all equipment with care and respect. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Mow greens, tees, fairways, and rough. Rake bunkers. Weedeat and push mow bunker faces.
* Set cups and move tee markers.
* Hand-water greens and tees. Help with irrigation repairs.
* Perform light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e, cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Use mops and brooms.
* Report problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Take appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
* Paint and maintain buildings. Perform light carpentry work, as needed.
* Plant flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepare beds for planning of materials. Pull Weeds. Use hose to water plantings.
* Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Assist in other departments as needed.
* Attend monthly departmental meetings.
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend/stoop, arm/hand movement up to 30 minutes per hour worked.
* Must also be proficient at: turf/plant fertilization, chainsaw use, woody plant installation, construction, hardscapes, and skidsteer use..