Groundskeeper - Overnight Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/20/2018
Highgate Hotels, LP
Key West, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Overnight Grounds Person is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all assigned areas and equipment. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guestrooms (express checkout, newspapers property specific, etc.).
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be able to work the overnight shift.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
* Clean the public areas according to hotel standards.
* Clean and upkeep the bar areas.
* Clean and maintain the hotel grounds.
* Handle items for \\"Lost and Found\\" according to hotel standards.
* At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Engineering.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures.
* Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
* Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
* Complete special projects as assigned by the Engineering Management Team.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.