Groundskeeper - Overnight Shift 10/12/2017
Highgate Hotels, LP
Key West, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Overnight Grounds Person is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all assigned areas and equipment. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guestrooms (express checkout, newspapers property specific, etc.).
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be able to work the overnight shift.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
* Clean the public areas according to hotel standards.
* Clean and upkeep the bar areas.
* Clean and maintain the hotel grounds.
* Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to hotel standards.
* At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Engineering.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures.
* Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
* Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
* Complete special projects as assigned by the Engineering Management Team.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.