Group Lead Technical Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
Group Lead Technical Services
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CAE is seeking an experienced simulator technician or engineer to serve as a Group Leader in the technical services operation in Dallas, Texas. The ideal candidate will have at least ten years of experience working in a training center environment. The Group Leader is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation in support of CAE s overall goals and objectives.
* COVERS POSITIONS AT THE SUPERVISORY LEVEL OF TECHNICAL STAFF.
* EXERCISES JUDGMENT AND INITIATIVE IN INTERPRETING POLICIES IN THE PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MAJOR WORK ASSIGNMENTS.
* EFFECTIVELY ALLOCATES TIME AND RESOURCES TO MEET BUDGET OBJECTIVES IN A TIMELY MANNER.
* IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPROVEMENT OF PROCESSES RELATED TO CORE ACTIVITIES OF A DEPARTMENT OR TRAINING CENTER.
* MONITOR SIMULATOR DISCREPANCIES AND ENSURE THE DISCREPANCIES ARE PRIORITIZED CORRECTLY AND CORRECTED IN A TIMELY MANNER.
* MONITOR TRAINING RESTRICTIONS ON THE SIMULATORS AND ENSURE NECESSARY RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO CORRECT THE DISCREPANCIES.
* MONITOR AND ENSURE ALL SIMULATORS READY FOR TRAINING AS REQUIRED.
* MONITOR OPS CALLS AND ENSURE THE PROBLEMS ARE RESOLVED IN A COURTEOUS AND TIMELY MANNER.
* MONITOR SIMULATOR TRAINING SCHEDULE FOR REQUIRED CHANGE-OUTS.
* ENSURE THAT ALL AVAILABLE MANPOWER IS USED EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY.
* IDENTIFY AND TRACK REOCCURRING AND POTENTIAL SYSTEM PROBLEMS AND CONFER WITH TECHNICAL EXPERTS AND COLLEAGUES TO FORMULATE WORKING PLANS TO ALLEVIATE PROBLEMS.
* CONDUCT PERIODIC SYSTEM SPOT CHECKS TO ENSURE QUALITY MAINTENANCE, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (PM), AND HOUSEKEEPING ARE BEING PERFORMED.
* REVIEW TIME SHEETS FOR ASSIGNED PERSONNEL TO ENSURE ALL ENTRIES ARE CORRECT AND COMPLETE.
* MONITOR MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (MMS) AND ENSURE ALL OPS CALLS AND WORK ORDERS ARE UPDATED PRIOR TO THE END OF SHIFT. SCREEN MMS FOR ACTIVE MAINTENANCE ON DEFERRED ITEMS.
* ASSIST IN RECRUITING, HIRING, AND DEVELOPING SUFFICIENT STAFF TO ACHIEVE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DELIVER PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PACKAGES.
* PROVIDE OVERALL STAFF GUIDANCE, DIRECTION, AND LEADERSHIP TO ENSURE THAT EQUIPMENT RELIABILITY REMAINS AT PEAK PERFORMANCE IN SUPPORT OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CLIENTS.
* PLAN AND COORDINATE DAILY ACTIVITIES AND WORK ASSIGNMENTS ALONG WITH FUTURE PROJECTS IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE CUSTOMER IMPACT SITUATIONS.
* COORDINATE WITH OTHER STAFF PERSONNEL TO OBTAIN PARTS AND ASSISTANCE NECESSARY TO SERVICE SUPPORT OPERATIONS IN A TIMELY AND COST EFFECTIVE MANNER.
* COORDINATE WORK SCHEDULES WITH OTHER GROUP LEADS AND ASSIST IN THE GENERATION OF MONTHLY SCHEDULES OF AVAILABLE MANPOWER TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT COVERAGE.
* PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT AND ADDRESS CUSTOMER NEEDS IN A TIMELY MANNER.
* OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the department s technical operation.
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate the technical performance of the simulator support staff and make recommendations for promotion and recognition.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively evaluate equipment performance and make recommendations concerning new equipment procurement.
* Demonstrated Expert knowledge of MS-Office tools and suite and assisting users
* Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
* 2 year technical degree or equivalent training. BSEET preferred
* 10 years direct simulator experience
* 2 years experience leading a technical support staff
CAE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY AND EXPRESSION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED FACTOR.
CAE IS COMMITTED TO WORKING WITH AND PROVIDING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISABILITIES.
IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AN ACCOMMODATION WHILE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT, PLEASE E-MAIL SFHR@CAE.COM OR CALL: 972-456-8347. WE WILL MAKE A DETERMINATION ON YOUR REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS.
AS A FEDERAL CONTRACTOR, CAE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE E-VERIFY PROGRAM TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.