Guidance, Navigation, and Control Systems Engineer 9/20/2017
Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Integrated Sensor Systems group in Draper s Embedded Systems Division is seeking a senior system engineer with broad technical skills to support the modeling, development, integration, test, characterization, and evaluation of strategic Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) systems.
A successful candidate will be:
* Highly motivated to support the development and delivery of GN&C technology solutions.
* Experienced in identification of customer and stakeholder needs, definition of concept solutions, and analysis of alternatives.
* Experienced in planning and execution individual tasks on a multidisciplinary team as well as leading small teams as necessary.
* Dedicated to developing the in-depth mission and technology domain expertise that enable realization of solutions for complex systems.
* The individual will participate on GN&C system design teams and support the project teams development, integration, test, characterization, evaluation and deployment activities.
* The individual will contribute to the development and analysis of concepts, architectures, and technologies for next generation GN&C for strategic weapon systems. The individual will also participate on the test facility design including test-beds and simulation-based test platforms.
* The individual will evaluate components and subsystems comprised of hardware and software elements to ensure their readiness for system-level integration and test. The engineer in this position will also be expected to provide technical support for multiple projects in GN&C and embedded systems.
* Individual will support business development activities including proposal writing and technical demonstrations.
Applicants must have the following key qualifications:
* A M.S. degree in Aero/Astro, EE, CS (or closely related field).
* Demonstrated experience and sound knowledge in core technologies (GN&C, electronics, embedded software) is necessary. Ability to engage and lead internal hardware and software teams with expertise in embedded electronics, algorithms, software and VHDL is a must.
* 5+ years of professional experience with application of systems engineering methods to complex system design is necessary. Experience with simulation-based integration and test is strongly desired.
* Programming experience in C, C++, MATLAB, and Simulink is required.
* The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working at a high technical level with minimal supervision, and will have strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. Flexibility to multi-task and adapt to changing technologies and business priorities is desired.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with engineers, management, and other stakeholders of all relevant disciplines are required.
Any of the following additional qualifications are desirable:
* Experience in system modeling and simulation.
* Experience in design of embedded system hardware, software and firmware.
* Experience integrating and testing HW/SW solutions.
* Experience with SysML or other system modeling languages;
* Experience with model-based engineering techniques and approaches.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Applicant must be willing to travel 25-50%.