HCM & Comp Acctg & Services Technology - Project Nucleus - ASSOCIATE - Jersey City 10/10/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
HCM Technology is a global team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class applications and practices across the Goldman Sachs People Function. Partnering with the business, the group solves critical problems, leveraging the latest web technology stacks, driving decisions through machine learning/data analytics, whilst ensuring and promoting a culture of quality software engineering.
We are looking for a Java Developer (up to 7yrs experience) with the following roles and responsibilities:
* Design and develop application using Java/J2EE technologies.
* Working on SOA platform and latest web technologies
* Experience encompassing the full SDLC across a variety of architectural stacks.
* Business and functional analysis of applications
* Support application development among a team of people located globally
* An aptitude and interest in both technology and business
* The ability to communicate with managers and team members globally
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly motivated. Willingness to take initiative and work independently
* Understand and articulate the functional and technical impact of any change
* Good understanding of Java/J2EE concepts
* Experience with some ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate/Mybatis)
* Basic understanding on Web services and SOA architecture
* Experience with Web technologies (e.g. Angular/Java script/Jquery)
* Knowledge on Database concepts and be able to write basic to medium complex queries.
* Good Analytical and Problem solving skills
* Experience with HR systems
* BE/M Tech with up to 7 years of experience on Java/J2EE development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.