Engineering - HCM & Comp Acctg & Services Technology - Project Nucleus - Associate - Jersey City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 2/20/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and Global Strategists Groups, is at the core of everything we do at the firm.
Join our engineering teams to collaborate on scalable software and systems; create low latency infrastructure solutions; proactively guard against cyber threats; and incorporate machine learning alongside financial engineering to turn data into action.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who are excited to work in a diverse, dynamic, and global environment.
People Technology: HCM/CA/Services Overview
We cultivate partnerships with our core people functions across the firm, including Human Capital Management, Compensation Accounting, Accounting Services, Corporate Services and the Executive Office to build innovative solutions.
Who are our partners*
* Human Capital Management (HCM), in partnership with the business, is responsible for recruiting, developing, retaining and rewarding our people.
* Compensation Accounting is responsible for the management and accounting of all salary, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm.
* Accounting Services manage and settle the firm's liabilities, vendor payments and employee travel & entertainment expenses.
* Corporate Services and Real Estate delivers a world-class work environment and services for the people of Goldman Sachs through commercial excellence, service excellence and management excellence.
HCM Operations Overview
The HCM Operations team provides technology to manage personal/ employment data & lifecycle events for employees and contingents. These include pre-hires, hires, transfers, leaves, time keeping, departures, and terminations. We support Business Partners and Employee relations across all divisions in the firm. We are the golden source for all internal and external stakeholders that consume HCM Data downstream. We also provide data for reporting functions that are drivers for adding new talent to the firm s workforce or for readjusting the headcount targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Collaborate with the business users to elicit/understand requirements, assess feasibility of proposed changes, and compile measures/deliverables
* Analyze, design, develop, test, and support enterprise applications and batch software solutions
* Assess business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
* Participate in technical specifications, high level/detailed design, test and implementation plans
* Conduct data analyses to meet compliance/ audit requirements or validate data quality and system behavior
* Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology management
* Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members
* Bachelors/Masters degree (US or foreign equivalent) in one of the STEM fields encouraged
* Experience in analysis, design and development of web based application with J2EE and relational database technologies
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated: ability to work with tight deadlines
* Ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with a diverse set of clients and colleagues
* Java and/or other OO languages
* Web development (HTML5, Angular JS), Java 8
* Scripting languages & shell scripting
* Experience with at least one code repository such as SVN
* Hands-on experience of test driven development
* Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.)
* Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle)
* Experience with BPMN modeling and Workflow solutions would be a plus
* Experience with ORM tools like Hibernate, MyBatis
* Experience with Automation Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, DBUnit
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.