Head of Marketing & Communications, Tri-State
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/1/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYResponsible for the development and execution of region-wide marketing, communications, and business development strategies, in alignment with Americas Marcom efforts.
* Provide subject matter expertise to help drive profitable revenue growth in the region in concert with business leadership teams and in support of broader Americas marketing strategies and tactics
* Use local competitive, client, and market insights to inform business strategies and optimize impact of marketing spend
* Develop both a proactive, strategic posture with business leadership, along with requisite reactive, tactical posture
* Develop region-specific marketing, communications, and business development plans to support the region and Americas-wide marketing and business objectives, and oversee the effective execution of the plan
* Ensure appropriate development and delivery of communications to promote region-specific business objectives
* Provide oversight and direction, ensure global standards are applied, and brand positioning is supported for all Marcom activities within the sub-region
* Business Development
* Coordinate with other Region Marcom Heads to share best practices, key insights, and competitive intelligence, and coordinate on overall talent management
* Optimize impact of marketing spend, ensure overall achievement of financial and other targets using a robust set of key performance indicators
* Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market, including key trends, client needs & wants, competitive analysis, future threats and opportunities, etc.
* Commit to hiring and retaining top industry talent, continuously building industry and non-industry relationships in order to have a robust pipeline of talent
* Player/coach who will oversee a market as well as lead the region
Leadership / Management Accountabilities:
* Manage managers and/or mid- to large-sized teams
* Coordinate with business leaders to identify opportunities to improve processes / function / client service
* Coordinate with Marcom and/or Americas leadership team to hire, train and inspire top talent to deliver best-in-class results
* Responsible for growth and development of direct reports
* Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market, including key trends, competitive analysis, etc.
* Ensure overall achievement of budgeted financial targets and other standards set forth in approved business plan
* Use a set of robust and useful KPIs to help rationalize spend, deliver P&L impact, and inform strategies and tactics
* Uphold the mission and standards of the company, and support firm-wide initiatives
* Bachelor s Degree required
* Master s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media, Business or related field preferred
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in a marketing and communications; leadership role required
* Ideal candidate would have marketing and communications experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry
* Proven leadership skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong knowledge of CRE business and ability to be commercially-minded
* Team player capable of thinking and doing, getting heavily involved
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to attract and retain top talent
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
* Advanced analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
* Ability to influence peers and leaders
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* General knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Leadership / Management Competencies:
* Proven track record of leadership and staff management
* Demonstrated willingness to coach and develop direct reports
* Exceptional project management and organizational skills
* Detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and customer service oriented
* Crisis management skills
* Strong leadership qualities communication, building and leveraging relationships, managing-up, down and across, stakeholder management and self confidence
* Ability to draw upon the analysis of others and make recommendations that have a direct impact on the company
* Ability to work with executives and revenue producers
* Staff planning and development skills
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..