Head of Training
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/25/2018
Dine Brands Global
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
International House of Pancakes, LLC.
Head of Training
Head of Training
Ensures that needed learning programs are designed and implemented and that ongoing training activities are conducted in a timely and effective manner in alignment with organizational needs and objectives.
Directs the learning and development function to ensure that development needs of our team members are being met in our new and existing IHOP restaurants. Develops and implements the strategic direction for the Learning & Development function that supports IHOP franchise system.
1. Identifies needs and develops immediate and long-term training strategies, to ensure the organization has the talent ready to execute against our strategic plan.
2. Monitors and ensures compliance with training policies and processes, throughout the US.
3. Oversees the ideation, creation and implementation of training materials, programs and processes.
4. Oversees the opening of new IHOP restaurants from a training and support standpoint.
5. Supports multiple menu campaign launches for the IHOP brand.
6. Achieves competence in and meets the performance standards of the Key Responsibilities.
7. Consults with the Senior Leadership Team to assess and address the organizations learning and development needs in the restaurants and in the RSCs.
8. Effectively manages and leads a department of Learning & Development team members with varying skill levels.
9. Develops and implements operations assessment report and training materials.
10. Develops and implements in-restaurant, management, and multi-unit training and development programs.
11. Effectively prioritizes and allocates training resources (people and budget) in support of strategic operating plans.
12. Assist in the development and oversight of the Training & Development budget; administer and manage the expenses related to the management training program.
13. May prepare and deliver train-the-trainer sessions, and provide training support for regional training managers and the franchise community
14. Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
Skills and Requirements:
* MBA or Master s Degree in Communication, Education or related discipline preferred
* 10-15 years of experience in a multi-site, matrixed Training & Development function with at least 5 years experience in a management role
* Advanced communication and presentation skills; ability to successfully communicate to diverse audiences
* Advanced knowledge of Program Development methodology: adult learning principles, accelerated learning, and Criterion Referenced Instruction
* Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to successfully communicate to diverse audiences.
* Ability to successfully communicate with and influence senior level executives and business unit leaders
* Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to achieve results through others
* Experience in a franchise environment highly desirable
* Strong experience and success with content creation and LMS, as well as field training, preferably in a franchise /restaurant environment.
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
* Disability Coverage
* Coverage for Domestic Partner
* Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
* Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
Your opportunity to support two of America's favorite restaurants has arrived! As the parent company of IHOP and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar , DineEquity, Inc. is the world's largest full-service restaurant company. But while big is good, our focus is on being the best!
DineEquity unites great franchisees, brands and team members to create the world s leading restaurant company, one guest experience at a time.
Our commitment to leadership in our industry and the continued success of our brands means we recruit only the best. If you seek a company committed to employee satisfaction and continuous improvement, DineEquity, Inc. is the choice for you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
Send This Job to a Friend
Dine Brands Global strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law