Heat Treat Operator I, 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
Downers Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONBRIEF DESCRIPTION
Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry, is seeking a Heat Treat Operator. The Heat Treat Operator is responsible for the operation of various heat treat processes. These heat treat processes include carburizing, hardening, tempering, normalizing, annealing, quenching, vacuum heat treating, form quenching, and deep freezing on a wide range of metals. At all times this position is required to follow the proper safety procedures as well as strictly adhere to all documented procedures around the processing of parts. This Position is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the heat treat department.
* Promote safety awareness and comply with all safety rules
* Strictly adhere to all documented work procedures
* Work productively and ensure timely flow of orders through the department
* Demonstrate continued improvement in the areas of quality and productivity
* Actively contribute to the improvement of 5S in the Machining Department
* Actively participate in cross training program to improve and broaden skill set
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* Minimum of 1 year heat treating experience in a heat treat facility, experience in a Nadcap accredited aerospace facility is preferred
* Strong knowledge of and experience running flame hardening furnaces, carburizing furnaces, tempering furnaces, normalizing furnaces, annealing furnaces, quench presses, vacuum furnaces, carbon nitriding equipment, and freezers.
* Working knowledge of metallurgical concepts
* Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
* Strong math skills
* Ability to relate to team members well and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
* Ability to multitask while being complete in thorough in following documented procedures
* Attitude of openness to change and exhibit a desire to improve every day
* Experience participating in Kaizen Events focused on process improvements using lean manufacturing techniques
* Ability to escalate production and downtime issues to get them resolved in a timely fashion
* Ability to withstand moderate heat for long periods of time
* Ability to safely lift up to 50-75 lbs occasionally
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
* Competitive Hourly Wage
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIPs, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled