JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Unwind Helper
Organizational Unit: CPD
Reports to: Supervisor
Date: January, 2013
POSITION SCOPE: This position must be able to read schedule and set up machine and unwind station for each production run. Manage poly resin waste (poly pans) process. Bundles waste paper. Follow directions from operator and works in a safe, productive and quality manner. Ensures completion of all required paperwork.
* Follows safety policies and procedures
* Prepares rolls for cutover processes to ensure machine productivity
* Participates in the set up of the machine
* Monitors machine during production
* Follows directives from operator
* Flexible to work rotating 8 - 12 hr shifts
* Performs general housekeeping in designated or other assigned areas
* Ability to take information from schedule and apply to production requirements
* Support facility in meeting departmental goals in safety, productivity, quality and continuous improvement.
* Ability to identify problems, determine root cause and assist with resolution.
* Ability to drive PIV
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Computer knowledge
* Must be able to work rotating shifts
* Frequent strenuous/physical effort (lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.
* Be able to work in an environment with conditions involving noise, heat, etc.
* Previous manufacturing experience preferred
* Paper, laminating and extrusion experience a plus
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.