Hospital Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Hospital Facilities Manager
Auto Req ID
JLL has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Facilities Manager to join our team in Ontario, CA on a client account in the healthcare industry. The Facility Manager manages the plant operations of one or more hospitals.
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in hospital plant operations, utilities, Environment of Care, and Joint Commission standards and compliance.
* Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that the work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently, neatly and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition. Manages departmental staff, including selection, scheduling and job assignments; counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination and other personnel actions.
* Responsible for the Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Code and fulfilling the role of Safety Officer. This position must maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory surveys, Joint Commission and other client based audits that are applicable to their assigned facility or facilities.
* The Hospital Plant Operations Manager will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed, monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility s critical operations. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various site infrastructure systems, determine the root cause of any problem / malfunctions and take corrective action as required. Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff. Gives hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures. This position will demonstrate the proper use and care of tools and will instill a high level of professionalism and client service.
* Provides training and support and aims to expand the capabilities of operations staff. Gives hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures.
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance
* Financial Management Plans and forecasts budget for operation and maintenance, recommends and estimates facility repairs and improvements
* Hazardous Materials Complies with policy and audit standards for safe storage, usage and disposal.
* Energy Management Implements programs to reduce energy and water consumption by 2% at each hospital and tracks performance
* College degree in a related engineering field, formal apprenticeship program, or technical trade school is preferred
* Minimum 5 years of hospital facility management, plant operations, engineering, or maintenance supervision experience.
* Managerial experience with proven budget and personnel responsibilities.
* CHFM Certified Healthcare Facility Manager, CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, CFM Certified Facility Manager or other relevant certifications, a plus.
* Extensive knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Care standards and regulations.
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including report writing ability.
* Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
* Computer proficiency with MS Office and Outlook email
* CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) experience 360 Facility, Maximo, etc. and Building Automation System (BAS - Siemens Apogee, Johnson Metasys or Trane Tracer, preferred).
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference job#: 66972BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.