This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
The Westin Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW: Greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.
1. Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
2. Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
3. Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
4. Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
5. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
6. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Can communicate well with guests.
* Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
* Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
* Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
* This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons