New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
We currently have an opportunity for a part-time seasonal Host in our restaurant.
You must be willing to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. All positions require that you be available to work all shifts, to include an opening, mid-shift and closing shifts on any of these days. Work schedules will vary from week to week.
Purpose of Position:
* Greet and seat restaurant guests in a timely, friendly and professional manner
* Make restaurant reservations
* Respond to restaurant inquiries via the host desk
* Provide appropriate customer service information to enhance the customer experience
* Work with restaurant leadership to assign waiters'/bussers' tasks
* Help restaurant staff complete/achieve service goals
* Initiate warm and engaging interactions with children and adults
* Create memorable experiences for our customers in a high energy, fast-paced environment
Experience, Education & Skills
* At least 1 year experience as a restaurant host or supervisor, hotel concierge, or related customer service position required
* Impeccable verbal and customer service skills; proper phone use and etiquette
* Ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure
* Light math and computer skills
* Knowledge of register and reservation systems
* Must enjoy working with children and possess a warm and friendly demeanor
* Proven ability to successfully communicate with both children and adults
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com ), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com , www.facebook.com/americangirl, or www.twitter.com/american_girl .
Please apply online at www.americangirl.com
Connect with us on Facebook at American Girl Careers!
Affirmative Action Employer