This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Highgate Hotels, LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Hotel Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees training and engagement, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
* In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct daily WBR meeting.
* Participate in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Tour the operating departments, daily, ensuring the smooth operation and staffing in all areas making adjustments as needed via department heads.
* Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions and review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
* Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with all operational department heads to ensure proper training, review of financials, goals and operational performance.
* Attend operational line ups at least once a week (Housekeeping, Front Desk, MaSo, Culinary and Banquets)
* Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
* Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.OI.D.s and available supervisors.
* Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting procedures.
* Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
* Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
* Maintain, develop and monitor the effectiveness of the Lobby Ambassador program
* Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
* Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
* Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel s budget process as required.
* Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel s monthly forecast process as required
* Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
* Ensure that all department heads follow the payroll procedure, managing Overtime and meal break penalties according to Highgate SOP
* Ensure that all operational departments as well as our vendors and partners follow the PCI compliance protocol.
* Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
* Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer. And GM
* Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
* Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
* Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
* Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, management and all other employees.
* On a monthly basis, forecast the hotel's financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate Reforecast.
* Prepare and conduct all operational management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
* Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant operational management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
* Perform all department manager performance appraisals according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s, and ensure that managers are in compliance to the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
* Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance to the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
* Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President of Operations, Regional Director of Operations, General Manager.
* Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
* Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
* Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and occur.
* Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
* Complete required corporate training modules, and become certified to train those as required.
* Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
* At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field
* Or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience
* Or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.