This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/28/2017
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
This position is an Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
The Housekeeper must be able to perform the following duties. Duties may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignment. Sweep, vacuum, and/or mop flooring, Deck scrubbing tile and concrete floors, Empty trash cans and deposit trash in appropriate receptacles, Replacing trash liners neatly and clean trash bins and lids- inside and out, Cleaning ground level interior and exterior glass windows and doors, Dust accessible surfaces and furniture, Disinfect phones, Clean baseboards, vents and door jams, Clean restroom: sinks, counters, toilets, urinals, dispensers, etc. Re-stocking of paper products and soap. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ensure it functions properly. Keep carts, caddies and storage/janitorial closets orderly, Report supply needs and equipment that need replacing or repairing, Spot cleaning of walls. Clean and sanitize break rooms, common areas, and kitchen areas to include: sinks, counters, microwave, refrigerator, tables, chairs, etc. Attend GCE in service training as required. Policing grounds for trash and debris, Comply with the training of chemical use: mixing, storage, and appropriate disposal. Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following safety guidelines.
* Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
* Understand oral and/or written instructions. Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
* Will require a valid driver s license and be insurable under agency policy.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
* Must to able to assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary and will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels or snow plows.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED