This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
The University of Chicago
Campus - Hyde Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Human Resources Generalist will be primarily responsible for assisting the HR Business Partner in the administrative support of day-to-day Human Resources operations for the IME division. The operational activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, separation, immigration, human resources information system (HRIS), payroll, and various other HR processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary administrative support to the HR Business Partner and the IME division with routine tasks, many of which are highly confidential and sensitive in nature. A high level of integrity is essential with assigned projects and tasks.
- Responsible for understanding key milestones for IME educational programs, the academic calendar and quarter system, and general academic policies at the University of Chicago
- Will handle all student and postdoctoral hiring to include postdoctoral offer letters, student reappointments, work study assignments, and Workday entries.
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll activity to include data entry as well as payroll audit process.
- Maintain HR records and employee files in accordance with Federal, State, and University compliance laws and policies. This includes hard copy files as well as the HR Workday system files. Ensure data is current and employee files are complete.
- Serve as the single point of contact for ensuring building access for all faculty, staff, and students. Maintain contact list for access to various campus buildings utilized by IME faculty, staff, and students.
- Assists students and staff with the time tracking management system, UChicago Time. Serve as back-up time approver for students when assigned. Help students input time and logoff in the event of system failure. Troubleshoot system errors and incorrect data time entries. Process manual time cards for payroll in lieu of system entries when necessary.
- Assist foreign citizens with immigration procedures. Ensure all paperwork, including applications for immigration and visas are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain monthly listing identifying and tracking visa renewal dates to include J-1, H1-B, and Employment Authorization Cards (EADs).
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding employment verification letters, basic attendance policies, University and HR policies, and payroll in written and verbal form. Communicate concisely and clearly the interpretation and application of personnel policies to faculty, staff, and students.
- Compose emails, assist with presentation development, and coordinate interview scheduling which requires high proficiency using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.