HRIS Supervisor - Workday
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/10/2017
National General Insurance Company
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NOW Job Snapshot
CATEGORY: Human Resources
POSTING ID: 2623/1635/13401
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified
Provides leadership to HRIS team in managing day-to-day activities and projects. Responsible for overall management and support of all HR systems with a primary focus on system configuration, security, report development, and data integrity in the Human Capital Management System (Workday). Reporting to the Director of HR Data Analytics, the HRIS Supervisor will perform daily operations and provide accurate management reporting and analysis of all data, including but not limited to employee headcount, recruiting/staffing, compensation, talent management, benefits, and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Serve as a primary point-of-contact for technical HRIS issues from employees and managers
* Partner with other team members to manage the delivery of projects including configuration changes and functionality deployment (including configuration, testing, documentation, peer review, sign off, training, change management)
* Proactively identify and implement system changes to maximize HR effectiveness and efficiency
* Maintain HRIS system tables and perform mass data uploads
* Develop HRIS system procedures and tutorials for employees
* Design, build and test integrations between Workday and 3rd party systems
* Manage technology vendor relationships
* Train end users on various employee and manager self-service workflows
* Troubleshoot system issues and implement solid solutions
* Perform periodic audits on internal and external system controls and processes
* Create ad-hoc reports and queries for end users
* Maintain monthly HR reports
* Participate in annual budgeting process for HRIS dept
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience Previous experience in an HRIS role
* Strong desire to provide first-class customer service
* Must be an effective listener and able to articulate customer needs in non-technical terms
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Extensive knowledge of PC's and common office applications software
* Ability to create and/or run reports from HRMS/HRIS systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* 5-7 years of experience in an HRIS role
* Prior Workday experience strongly desired
* Workday certifications a plus
* Experience in a manager or team leader role preferred
* Familiarity with HR processes including end-to-end processes for recruiting, onboarding, compensation , employee benefits, talent management, training, and payroll
* Experience working in a mid- to large- sized organization (7000 employees)
* Experience working in a multi-state organization
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.