Human Resources Manager 9/16/2017
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The HR Manager/HR Business Partner is responsible for providing HR leadership and guidance by working in partnership with business leaders at sites / branches or within functions. This position, under guidance from senior HR leaders, is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic HR initiatives in Talent Management, Performance Management, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Change Management and Compensation and Benefits. Responsible for the execution of recruiting strategies for mid to lower level Professional and Managerial positions as well as Administrative/Clerical and Maintenance/Warehouse positions as required. Additional Human Resource duties such as retention strategies, legal compliance, payroll, communication, orientation and training as well as some administrative functions. In some locations, additional duties outside of the Human Resource role may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Partners with the business leaders to help guide and support the business initiatives and align them against the Human Resource strategy.
* Acts as a change agent, working in partnership with business leaders to drive the transformation agenda- developing transition / change plans, leading communication and engagement activities ,ensuring managers are equipped to handle all people matters
* Responsible for the establishment of robust recruitment processes and procedures to ensure the attraction and retention of talent.
* Implements, interprets, and administers employee and labor relations programs, projects, tasks, or initiatives that align with company goals and objectives. Responsibilities include employment, employee relations, labor relations, compensation administration, performance management, benefits, recognition, training and planning of staffing requirements and workforce communications. Must be visible and accessible.
* Facilitates and/or provides training and development (including orientation) to management and the workforce
* Provides coaching and advice to managers and employees to facilitate problem resolution and provide day to day support and advice.
* Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
* Effectively administers existing programs in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Conducts exit interviews, and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
* Provides Employee Relations expertise and shapes the local ER strategy for their area ensuring all policies and procedures are legally compliant, managers are trained and aware of how to handle employee matters, leading and supporting leaders when it comes to local consultation / negotiation with employee bodies and responds to all employee matters to gain resolution
* Promotes diversity related initiatives within assigned area or country.
* Supports timely and effective communication and administration of deliverables.
* Utilizes internal and external data, generates and analyzes reports as required to provide basis for business cases and meet regulatory requirements as necessary.
* Travels as required to attend HR meetings.
* Performs other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
* Full Personnel Responsibility to lead, develop, and coach team of up to 6 employees
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Social Sciences and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources required or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Microsoft Office
* Experience with HRIS systems
* Local language
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Good mathematical skills
* General working knowledge of human resources, management skills, problem solving, conflict resolution skills, consulting skills, change management, operational management skills, decision making skills, financial, analytical skills, and influence skills.
* Knowledge of local employment and labor laws/regulations
* Must have the ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
* Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
* Training delivery and facilitation experience
* Ability to research and analyze various types of data information
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Experience and/or Education
* Previous experience with payroll processing and timekeeping
* Master s degree
* Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Recognized HR Professional Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Hours can be extensive as well as occasionally staggered for multi-shift access. Minimal travel maybe required for this role domestically and internationally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.