Human Resources Program Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 5/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONHollyFrontier Corporation located in Dallas, TX is seeking a Human Resources Program Specialist. This role is considered a subject matter expert on Domestic and International HR Policies, Compliance, and related programs and has the ability to influence HR processes and policies as regulations or business needs dictate. The Human Resources Program Specialist performs reporting and analysis for compliance programs, develops HR policies, procedures, and related training as well as maintains existing HR programs. The Human Resources Program Specialist assesses and monitors various projects and initiatives related to Human Resources, provides recommendations for new or revised policies and/or programs, and keeps management abreast of changes in regulations and trends. Ensures compliance with all labor laws company-wide.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INTERNATIONAL RELOCATION PROGRAM BENEFITS.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Develops, maintains, and implements Company and Department policies and procedures, understands and appropriately incorporates state and federal laws, local laws, provincial laws and other laws relevant to the locations of Company operations globally pertaining to Human Resources (HR) in policy and procedure design.
* Creates all required compliance reports, spreadsheets and documents, responds to audits and inspection requests as applicable in a timely manner and liaising with the appropriate departments or external counsel
* Stays current and provides guidance on changing regulations and supports HR compliance programs and practices (i.e. OFCCP, EEOC, Section 503, other EEO policies, wage and hour, legislative changes, other compliance related items).
* Prepares annual compliance (i.e. EEO-1, VETS 4212) and Affirmative Action reports, files and other related data for assigned subsidiary(s) for corporate reporting purposes and ensures HRIS reporting is aligned with current regulations
* Manages and prepares of the Company's annual Affirmative Action Plan with Human Resources and outside vendor and system
* Reviews internal affirmative action and applicant reports as well as final plan reports ensuring accuracy and integrity; periodically audits plan codes, plan preparation, and recordkeeping requirements; review final plans with Human Resources and provides communications and summarized reporting of results to senior management.
* Develops plans of action based on statistical data analysis and risk assessment and Counsels Human Resource Management in the establishment of goals and objectives pertinent to the HR Compliance and Affirmative Action Plans.
* Prepares, revises and monitors documents and templates related to EEO, AAP and hiring for advertisements, publications, and the company website.
* Develops, implements, and delivers HR Compliance training and content as needed.
* Makes policy, process, and procedural changes based on regulatory changes or business needs.
* Ensures compliance with all labor law posting requirements at all Company offices
* Generate scheduled and ad-hoc reports to support HR and other corporate departments as needed including but not limited to audits, company demographics, location specific information and other requests as assigned while working under tight deadlines.
* Provide assistance with I-9 and E-VERIFY compliance programs.
* Coordinates special projects including various surveys, program and policy transitions, and audits
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of broad-based experience in Human Resources or Regulatory Compliance and Policy / Procedural Management and at least 2 years' experience in Affirmative Action planning is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource, Business Management, Psychology, or related discipline is required.
PHR, SPHR or other relevant certifications preferred.
Strong working knowledge of basic domestic employment laws and regulations and the ability to learn new laws related to global operations. Technical knowledge and skills sufficient to develop, use and maintain complex databases; experience with reporting and performing analysis. Working knowledge of current OFCCP regulatory requirements. Experience in Human Resource compliance (Affirmative Action, EEO and Immigration). Experience and understanding of programs or processes associated with compliant employment practices (hiring, promotions, terminations, development, total rewards) in a growing organization. Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment. Ability to build rapport and relationships across various levels and functions within an organization. Good process orientation and organizational skills. Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. High attention to detail and accuracy and ability to manage multiple tasks. Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, HRIS systems and reporting, preferably SAP. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Special training in Human Resources basics. Intermediate skill level in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Hands on experience using v-lookup and pivot tables in MS Excel. Ability to work with all levels of employees. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbal communication, and ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Strong reading skills. Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all applicable compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA regulations. Professional tact and maturity required.
SAP HCM experience specifically in Personnel Administration, Reporting, and SAP BI Reporting is preferred.
Office based with up to 25% travel required by land or air. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 20lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 10lbs, perceiving color differences, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential (inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal), valid State driver's license and proof of insurance required, and depending on assigned location the ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted).
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline,