Human Resources Summer 2018 Intern - Elgin, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Lighting, Inc. , is a core Business Group of Hubbell Incorporated and is committed to elevating the lighting experience.
Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light.
As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Human Resources (HR) Intern position offers a variety of opportunities, including, exposure to various HR responsibilities that will provide an excellent foundation as a professional. Opportunities can vary from supporting teams in Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, Organizational Development or Corporate HR offices across the United States. HR interns can be expected to streamline processes, learn how to pursue change across different populations, prepare data/presentations for various audiences, and be able to gain professional skills and experiences.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
* Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
* Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
* Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
* Develop technical skills specific to your major
* Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
* End of summer presentation to the local management team
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
* Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
* Experience in planning and organizational skills
* Challenging robust projects that will provide practical experience
* Assisting with process improvement
* Managing multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate
* Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Resources or related degree (e.g. Management, Sales, Business Management, etc.)
* Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
* Results-driven, accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.