Human Resources Service Center Tier 2 Workday Specialist 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Incumbents will be responsible for delivering high quality, personalized customer service in a team based HR Shared Services environment. Key accountabilities support org administration/data management related efforts taken to ensure compliance and accuracy of employee data in our HCM system. Along with transactional processing, this includes ongoing auditing, heavy involvement in validation processes and guidance to users as to how information should be captured to enable consistent reporting and analytics of employee related information.
* Receives and processes in-bound global requests for org administration transactions. Transactions are to be entered into the HCM system accurately and timely, as appropriate for the action requested. This requires a strong working knowledge of Workday (HCM) and functional requirements (payroll and benefit rules, procedures and regulations). This includes, but is not limited to:Org Admin tasks
* Organizational restructuring
* Assigning superior organizations
* Move workers
* Data corrections
* Mass salary increases
* Global Audits - understands content of existing audits and recommends new audits needed to maximize data integrity
* Provides guidance to assist HR Direct Tier 1 Representatives in the structure and use of data in the Workday system.
* Performs background research and follow-up activities needed to resolve an organizational or data request that cannot be resolved at the time of initial contact
* Conducts necessary communications with customers to resolve the issue and communicates results/findings
* High level of involvement in ongoing global data accuracy. Manages all incoming org administration requests
* Identifies user trends and communicates to analysts when audits or training opportunities exist that could minimize errors
* Makes recommendations to Solutions Development Analysts on process changes to update, simplify, and improve processes and procedures that would enhance service provided to customers or improve effectiveness
* Provides backup support to HR Direct Tier 1 representatives as deemed necessary by management. This may include but is not limited to answering HR Direct incoming phone calls, handling incoming cases and responding to inquiries from customers as necessary.
* Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* 1-2 Years Related Experience
* Workday (HCM) knowledge/experience strongly preferred
* Strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft based applications including Excel, Word, Access, Sharepoint, Visio - with a willingness to learn and master other software programs as needed
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
* High integrity, sound judgment and discretion regarding the handling of confidential information
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
* Highly self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and prioritize workload
* Ability to think pro-actively and manage multiple priorities
* Flexibility to handle changing work demands
* Strong analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
* Excellent decision making and problem solving skills