Hunting Retail Sales Manager - ReqCode 170003G0 2/20/2017
Field & Stream
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking an Assistant Store Manager to support store operations.
As a Hunting Manager, you will be responsible for achieving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results by supporting the Store Manager and overseeing the specific operational aspects of the archery and firearms areas of the store. You will directly manage a team of associates assigned to the Hunting department and have a dotted-line responsibility for managing associates in other areas of the store when serving as Manager on Duty.
This position will support one of our locations that features both a DICK'S Sporting Goods and a Field & Stream store under the same roof. This unique shopping destination will offer the convenience of being able to purchase all sporting goods and outdoor needs at one time, in one location.
Essential Functions of this position include:
* Develop schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met
* Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as adherence to laws and guidelines of external governing entities, including those of the Federal ATF.
* Manage the sales performance of the assigned department(s) to meet sales and margin goals; plan and schedule associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
* Uphold Field & Stream's standards for merchandise presentation
* Participate or lead the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for hourly and salaried associates
* Lead consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
* Issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standards
* Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
Every associate at DICK'S Sport Goods is united by a common thread - our PASSION for the sports & activities we love. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impact on our communities through sport and activity.
* 3 years Retail Assistant Store Manager, Department Manager (Big Box preferred) or Retail Store Manager experience required
* Deep knowledge of firearms and archery equipment
* Extensive knowledge of firearms and current regulations
* Extensive knowledge of archery equipment and common practices
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
* Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-KS1
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/53313161.jpg /