HVAC Field Service Technician III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/23/2018
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhy join our Daikin Applied team?
- Factory Certified Training, Refrigeration Certification or other professional on the job training in the HVAC Industry
- The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment and cutting-edge technologies such as Intelligent Equipment, Magnetic Bearing Technology and VRF Technology
- Daikin Applied provides technicians with laptops, mobile devices and other technologies
Service Technician Position Summary:
Assist in Maintenance of HVAC Equipment: Repair and replace defective equipment, components, or wiring related to fan coils, water source heat pumps, applied air handling units, rooftop units, cooling towers, and condenser tubes. Inspect equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in Warranty Service Application: Inspect and test systems to verify functionality related to fan coils, water source heat pumps, applied air handling units, rooftop units, cooling towers, and condenser tubes.
- Observe Rebuilds: Assist in the rebuild of an HVAC unit. Receive detailed direction while sharing the hands-on task responsibilities with Technicians II, III, and Lead.
- Operate & Preserve Company Equipment: Drives a company vehicle to and from jobsite. Transports and maintains inventory of hand tools and necessary materials for job completion.
- Document Performance: Records and reports billing, inventory, timecards, technician tip reports, and other articles as required and in a timely manner
- Computer Usage: Knowledge of basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email, internet, and word processing programs.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal and written communication. Interact with customer by offering status reports of service before, during, and after each call. Explain technical information to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Participate in Training: Participate in available training through regional technician trainers, and off-site learning modules. Maintain all required certifications and continue to develop new skill sets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license, EPA approved Universal Technician Certification preferred, other state licenses as required.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.