HVAC Mechanic I 9/16/2017
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Graduation from high school, vocational school, or GED and three (3) years experience in operation and maintenance of large (25,000 cfm) air handling equipment, steam pressure reducing stations and pumps.
* Operates and monitors equipment, which admits steam into each building from central distribution point, pressure reducing stations, ensuring that steam is admitted into pipes at proper rate, and refrigeration compressors and auxiliary equipment.
* Inspects and adjusts air handlers, pumps, steam valves, electrical and pneumatic control systems, etc.
* Makes minor and major adjustments and repairs, and performs preventative maintenance work such as repairing water and steam valves, cleaning and oiling machinery, and making minor electrical and/or other repairs to water, gas, and steam pipes, and other equipment.
* Makes regular patrols through mechanical rooms to record condition and operation of equipment to ensure its being scheduled into preventative program before failure.
* Performs minor welding and cutting, using acetylene or arc welder.
* Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces general and laboratory exhaust fan systems.
* Inspects, dismantles, repairs, and reassembles equipment as directed. Completes tests for chemical control of boiler water, cooling water, and condensate.
* Provides working supervision to Maintenance Workers assigned to same shift, making work assignments, providing work instructions, and checking completed work.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.