This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
West Norriton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONO'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving advanced manufacturing, energy, environmental, and water challenges of today and tomorrow.
By living our mission of people creating a better future by making a difference each day, we are improving natural and built environments for our clients, employees, and communities. We currently have an opening for an Industrial Wastewater Plant Operator based at our West Norriton, PA project site. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Operates or makes repairs to machinery and equipment, including chemical feed equipment.
* Monitors process flows and makes appropriate adjustments
* Performs routine maintenance on equipment
* Applies a working knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology in carrying out assignments.
* Understands and applies standard policies and procedures within specific discipline.
* Operates and maintains pumps, valves, motors and related machinery and equipment.
* May operate facilities with computer or PLC controls.
* Monitors, regulates and adjusts chlorinators, chemical feed pumps, filter rates and other process equipment.
* Schedules or washes clarifiers, filter beds, contact basins, operates sludge handling equipment and other unit process equipment, as required.
* Collects samples and performs routine in-plant lab tests as required.
* Maintains a log of operations and maintenance activities and related records.
* Operates system to maintain compliance with permit requirements.
* Certification in water or wastewater treatment plant operations is required and individual must be aware of all relevant regulations regarding environmental operations.
* Good knowledge of the practices used and the equipment required in the O&M of environmental facilities and ability to make routine laboratory and field tests for control of plant operations.
* May perform custodial or other duties, as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
* High School Diploma / Vocational training or equivalent.
* Applicable health & safety training.
* Typically 5+ years experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Discipline specific licensure/certification(s), where required.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.