IFM Portfolio Manager 9/20/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe IFM Portfolio Manager has the overall responsibility for overseeing the delivery of FM and Project Management services through the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs within the region. This position will lead the team in the maintenance and delivery of well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities, placing maximum emphasis on leading a staff in the positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the Owner's goals and objectives in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. The position is the primary liaison with the Owner and leads staff in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
* Responsibility and oversight of day-to-day operations of facilities, high rise or campus ensuring that all services are effectively delivered and facility needs are met including janitorial, life-safety, engineering and general maintenance.
* Ensures that staff implements and provides these services in a manner consistent with C&W policies and ownership directives.
* Responsible for the cost-effective management of service contracts. Responsible for all aspects of service delivery pursuant to these contracts, responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial review, conducting RFP s, and assuring payments and invoicing match contract pricing.
* Leads the facility management team in the supervision of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities.
* Ensures that facility management staff consistently provide positive and prompt response to requests from the client and building tenants/occupants. Ensures facility management staff implement ongoing contract review programs to constantly assess client, tenant and occupant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant, owner, and the properties.
* Prepares and delivers consolidated reporting and reviews of all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex. Responsible for the development, preparation, and explanation of the annual facility budget, quarterly forecasts, and business plans.
* Directly involved in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
* Responsible for coordinating the collection, analysis and reporting by the facility management team of statistical data and analysis to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives, cost savings and improvements.
* Responsible for approving all positions and directing the hiring, training and motivational activities of the facility management staff. Responsible for effective and proactive employee relations with all site staff. Conducts and approves all performance evaluations of facility management staff.
* Ensures that facility management staff require all tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required.
* Manage the coordination and communication between the Project Managers and Facility Managers ensuring a consistent delivery across the portfolio while maintaining accurate tracking of all projects within the portfolio and providing regular reporting to the client.
* Responsible for the overall quality of services being provided in the portfolio and developing quality assurance programs that support consistently high levels of service.
* Responsible for developing innovations that improve efficiency, financial responsibility, service delivery and support their role out across the account.
* Four-year college/university degree required
* CFM, FMA industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a plus
* A minimum of 5-7 years of commercial high-rise, campus environment, and/or property portfolio management experience required
* Must have both breadth and depth of experience in facilities repairs and maintenance, construction, project management, space/move management, and property management.
* Must have strong management and leadership skills and experience with human resource and performance management
* Experience with critical system environments is preferred
* Excellent technical, inter personal and analytical skills required
* Excellent written and oral communications skills required
* Strong computer and systems knowledge
* Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
* May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
* Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
* Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..