II-3.Construction Manager-3 10/11/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manhattan, NYC office of OBG is currently looking for an experienced and driven Construction Manager to directs activities and manage projects involving design, construction of buildings, energy projects, facilities, and/or wastewater/water construction projects. The successful candidate will study drawings and specifications to plan and sequence procurement and construction activities, plan proper
construction means and methods, staff projects based on the construction plan, based on knowledge of available tools, equipment and various construction methods. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Serve as Project Safety Officer (in absence of an assigned Supervisor).
* Collaborates with Project Manager in the development and modification to the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
* Provide updates to the Project Manager in accordance with the PEP as it relates to cost, schedule and client management.
* Estimates cost of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contract.
* Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project to review job specific issues (schedules, health & safety issues, subcontractor coordination, etc.). Assign roles and responsibilities for field activities in accordance with the PEP.
* Plans, schedules, and oversees other superintendents, supervisors, administrators on project related activities.
* Collaborates with the sales and development of projects.
* Obtains client feedback and maintains client relationships.
* Leads team with the change orders process including proper notification, supporting data gathering/organization development for Project Manager review and processing.
* Develops training for other team members.
* Develops and manages the commissioning and closeout process.
* Acts as a leader in implementing and promoting health and safety requirements and guidance. Coordinates safe performance of work and appropriate safety training of the team.
* Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction plus 10+ years of relevant experience.
* Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data.
* Construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/durations, safety planning, means and methods.
* Ability to travel to all boroughs, including Staten Island.
* NY PE required.
* NYC DEP project experience preferred.
* OSHA 24 hour Safety Training for Supervisors.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and familiarity with Project Scheduling and Job Costing.
* High level of energy and ability to motivate employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.