Implementation Director, EAB Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
The Advisory Board Company
Implementation Director, EAB Technology
Project and Program Management
Delivery & Solutions
Share | |Email this job
Education Advisory Board
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Director will play a leadership role within the EAB Technology division, specifically on the Implementation and Support Services team. This individual will be leading a pool of members through the initial build and launch of a new technology for EAB, and will eventually manage a team of individuals with a pool of clients through the technical implementation of the technology's web based platform. Their primary responsibility is to develop and deploy data integration and configuration procedures between client IT systems and EAB technology. In addition, they work collectively with other EAB project and product development staff to manage client relationship, sets and execute against project milestones, and manage quality, client satisfaction, and engagement throughout the implementation lifecycle.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC or Richmond, VA
- Troubleshoot technical and non-technical challenges
- Help resolve escalated client issues
- Work collectively with others to mitigate risk of implementation timeline delays
- Design new and improve existing deployment and support processes
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders to escalate and solve problems
- Ensure Product Team meets division goals set for implementation launch
- Support and lead calls for prospective clients around EAB s implementation methodology and process
- Ensure that Data Integration Services team members are adequately trained and performing at the required level
- Communicate team successes and challenges with product and process at various levels in the organization
- Promote a cohesive team culture
- Contribute to career pathing for staff, work force planning and talent identification
- Act as an evangelist for the team with both internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor s degree
- 7+ years of consulting or related experience, preferably in higher education
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with SQL for data extraction or report generation
- Goal oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Detailed oriented, with a focus on customer success
- Highly organized with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Experience working in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel 20-30%
- Fluent in SQL (MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL multiple preferred)
- Experience in at least two of the following:
- Leadership experience with teams of 10+ members
- Knowledge of technology, including databases and/or web based applications
- Experience running enterprise software deployments
- Experience managing challenging client relationships and executive level relationships
- Knowledge of higher education industry source systems
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.