Industrial Design Summer 2018 Intern - Greenville, SC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Lighting, Inc. , is a core Business Group of Hubbell Incorporated and is committed to elevating the lighting experience.
Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light.
As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Marketing Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including supporting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing, business development, and public relation plans. Opportunities can vary from working in E-commerce, product/project management, Industrial Design, supporting a graphic design team or more.
Marketing Interns will typically support one or more experienced marketing teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and/or Sales department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
* Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
* Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
* Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
* Develop technical skills specific to your major
* Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
* End of summer presentation to the local management team
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
* Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
* Experience in planning and organizational skills
* Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
* The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a[n Associate], Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing (e.g. Marketing, Business, Business Administration, Sales, International Business, or related degree)
* Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.