Industrial Electrician- GER03211
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/29/2017
Gerdau Long Steel North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Great new opportunity for a Journeyman Electrician! This position will set up and perform a variety of installation, testing, preventative maintenance and repair operations on a full range of equipment and circuitry as required to maintain the efficient operation of all production equipment and plant facilities Duties & Responsibilities
* Read wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications and instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
* Analyze all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings as required to install, repair, adjust, calibrate, construct, modify, or service all types of electrical and electronic devices, and systems, including communication systems, various mill and production equipment electronic computing and control systems, power and distribution control equipment, measuring, recording processing and control devises, indicating devices and gauges etc.
* May plan details of working procedures to determine material or replacement needs and select a logical approach to trouble-shooting and repair problems. Answer trouble calls.
* Makes sketches of parts and lay-outs
* Assembles, inspects, adjusts, repairs or replaces faulty parts and wiring on all types of electronic devices. Makes mechanical and electrical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical and electronic equipment.
* Inspects, dismantles, services, reassembles, tests, and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
* Performs all other plant electrical maintenance as required. Along with being a Mechanical helper as needed.
* HS Diploma/GED required or Associates degree preferred
* Current Electrician License preferred
* At least 2 years of related work experience as described in the job description above.
* Programmable Logic Center (PLC) experience is a plus
* Must be able to work days or 8 or 12 hour rotating shifts
* Must follow all safety requirements
* Working at heights of 100 feet or more
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.