Industrial Engineer/Logistics Co-op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/1/2018
Michigan City, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
At GAF, putting a roof over your head is the foundation of our business. As we continue to pursue the excellence that has led us to the top, one thing is constant- it s all the best in the industry, and it s made by the best people in the industry.
GAF products have been designed and made for more than 125 years by talent and innovation emanating from the minds of its employees. All 3,200 of us are champions of our values, some of which include innovation, safety, quality, and integrity, and we work for a company that rewards us for it. That s why we ve grown into a $3 billion leader in the building materials industry.
Come build your future as we build the American dream - one roof at a time.
The Co-Opportunity at GAF is a full-term, paid, project-oriented program that offers hands-on experience in a variety of integral functions. The program enhances your education with on-the-job experience with a world-class manufacturing organization. As a vital presence in the GAF team, you should expect to be a fully contributing member of a team working high-profile projects that matter and build a better foundation for your career.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide logistics support for site operations (System location tracking, warehouse/storage planning, truck gate management, warehouse alternate location layout)
* Designing optimal storage models
* Research and identify optimal truck flow/load processes based on storage plant
* Identify optimal gate management methods by reviewing and recommending changes for appointment times, truck throughput and arrival rules.
* Additional projects as assigned
* Must be pursuing a Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management, Industrial engineering or Applied engineering sciences preferred
* All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment.
* Must have computer skills in MS Excel and MS Word.
We offer a competitive salary and paid holidays. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.gaf.com
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).