Industrial Engineering FT Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/23/2017
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are the obstacle overcomers, and problem get-arounders. From figuring it out, to getting it done, our culture demands \\"yes and how\\". We don t only move packages, we move data, innovation and ideas. We are UPS... the United Problem Solvers!
An Industrial Engineering Intern at UPS works on targeted projects individually, or in small teams. Projects require operational observations, data collection, cross functional communication, and problem solving. All completed projects will be presented to the Industrial Engineering staff upon completion. Projects include, but are not limited to:
* Work measurement in Master Standard Data (MSD)
* Cost benefit analysis
* Process improvement analysis
* Operational planning
Qualifications and Skills
* Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and/or Engineering related discipline
* Effective statistical analysis skills
* Effective research and communication skills
* Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity and dedication to getting results
* Ability to work collaboratively and independently
* Ability to interact and communicate effectively across business units
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity